When the device doesn't boot up and only stuck on welcome screen, perform factory reset without entering OS settings and reinstall maps & resources data.
IMPORTANT REMINDER: When performing factory reset and reinstalling the Yamaha Adventure Pro APP, make sure your device is connected to a power source to prevent interruption that might corrupt the data.
A. Performing Factory Reset
1. Turn off device
2. Located on the right side, press ‘volume+’ key and the ‘Power’ key simultaneously for few seconds until the device powers on.
3. Release both keys when ‘Recovery’ mode enters.
4. Press ‘volume-’ to select wipe data/factory reset.
5. Press ‘Power’ key to confirm the selection.
6. Select Yes, and press ‘Power’ key to confirm selection.
7. When the process completed, select reboot system now by pressing 'Power' key.
8. Then will boot up to home screen/welcome page and sits there around 10 mins.
9. The device will restart automatically.
10. The Welcome Screen will then appear. Click Got It. The device will restart automatically.
11. Then it will reboot to Home screen.
B. Reinstalling Yamaha Adventure Pro APP (Map and Resources)
IMPORTANT: Before reinstalling the the APP, connect the device to WiFi. Make sure the battery charge must be at least 50% to restore Yamaha Adventure Pro App. The device must connect to a power source all through out the process.
1. Tap Yamaha Icon to start reinstalling the APP.
2. Click Reinstall.
3. Downloading Yamaha Adventure Pro ORV Widget. It takes few minutes to download depending on your WiFi connectivity.
4. To Install the ORV Widget, click Install
5. Installing ORV Widget...
6. After Installing the ORV Widget, it will proceed in downloading Yamaha Adventure Pro APP. It takes few minutes to download depending on your WiFi connectivity.
7. To download Yamaha Adventure Pro APP, click Next...
8. Click Install
9. Installing Yamaha Adventure Pro...
10. Click Open after installing
11. The Warning Screen will appear, click OK.
12. Click "Got It"
13 Magellan End User Agreement, Click I Agree.
14. Make sure the device is connected to WiFi. Click Next.
15. Tap Update to install the Map. It takes few hours to download depending on the WiFi connection.
Reminders: Since the download process takes longer time, plug-in the device to an AC power adapter to prevent interruption that causes data corruption.
16. Downloading Map....
17. After the map download, press 'Start Download' to download the resources.
18. Downloading resources local storage....
19. Unpacking resources....
20. After downloading the resources, the Log-in screen will show up. Enter your TRX credentials, then press Connect.
21. You may now use your TRX APP Adventure Pro.
22. To check you have successfully loaded the latest software and map version, go to Yamaha Adventure Pro APP Settings> Product Information.
Software Version: 2.03.021
Map Version: YMC v1.11
23. To check the ORV Widget Version, go to Android Settings> Apps> ORV Widget.
ORV Widget Version: 220.127.116.11