Normally, this isn't a cause for concern, as your iPhone is designed to function at temperatures up to 95°F (35°C). But if your iPhone gets hotter than that, it may stop working or show this screen:
This can happen especially if you're off-roading in the desert or other hot region, so here are a few tips to keep your iPhone cool and functional while you're out riding:
- Turn off Bluetooth by going to Settings > Bluetooth > toggle to OFF.
- Turn off iCloud access by going to Settings > iCloud > iCloud Drive > toggle to OFF.
- Press the Home button twice and swipe up to close any apps you aren't using.
- Don't charge your iPhone while you're off-roading unless your battery is nearly dead.
- Use a charger provided by Apple, as 3rd-party chargers can have defects or serious design flaws.