To upload a GPX file:
- Log into your TRX account on www.TRXTrailhead.com.
- Click Upload GPX file in the Log tab.
- Select a GPX file from your computer.
- Open the file to upload it to TRX Trailhead.
- Rate and add attributes to the file (if desired).
- Click Review to save the file to your Log.
Now that you've got the GPX file in your TRX account as a track, grab your TRX7 and do the following to sync the track to your TRX7 and follow it:
- Make sure you're connected to Wi-Fi.
- Tap Settings from the TRX Dashboard.
- Tap Manual Sync > tap OK when you're asked to Sync with TRX Web?
- Wait a few moments for the device to sync with the TRX Trailhead.
- Tap OK when you see the notification Sync complete.
- Return to the TRX Dashboard > tap Journal.
- Find and tap the new track that was created from the GPX file in your Log.
- Tap Follow > Start to End or End to Start.
The device will navigate by giving visual as well as turn-by-turn text and voice directions to the start (or end) of that track as well as on the track itself. Any waypoints along the way will pop up at approximately 1/10th of a mile prior to arrival.Note: If you record Tracks on any proprietary GPS device, chances are that the Tracks are saved in a format that’s encrypted to work on that device. To convert encrypted GPS tracks to standard .gpx formats may require additional software (conversion tools). You can find out more about GPS file conversion on websites such as GPS Visualizer, GPS Babel, etc.