- You must have a DigitalGlobe subscription before you can access satellite imagery on your TRX7. Click here for instructions on subscribing to DigitalGlobe on your TRX7.
- You must have a strong, reliable Wi-Fi connection to download satellite imagery. Satellite images are saved to large files and can take a long time to download using a weak Wi-Fi connection.
- DigitalGlobe only permits you to download up to 2GB per day to your TRX7.
METHOD #1: Save from Map screen.
- Tap Map from the TRX Dashboard.
- Tap the Map Options button in the top right of the screen.
- Toggle to the Satellite option > tap Save Map on the bottom left of the screen.
- Zoom out on the map view on the left side of the screen until you see the entire map area that you want to save OR until the Size exceeds the Max limit.
- Tap Next > Enter a name for the map area > tap Save.
- Go to Settings > Map Save > Saved Maps to view all saved map areas. Tap the Pencil (Edit) button to delete imagery from your saved areas.
METHOD #2: Save satellite imagery automatically.
You can set your TRX7 settings to automatically save satellite map imagery for a specific map area before you go out riding so that you can access that map data regardless of network coverage (e.g. 3G, 4G, 5G, Wi-Fi, etc.).
To turn on Automatic Satellite Map Save:
- Tap Settings from the TRX Dashboard > scroll down the list > tap Map Save.
- Tap the check box next to Automatic Satellite Map Save to turn it ON (checked) or OFF (unchecked).
Now, you can automatically save satellite imagery in a map area around a Trail, Track or other map content from the Search function:
- Tap Search from the TRX Dashboard.
- Search for a Trail, Track, or other map content > tap on an item from the search results to open the Attributes page .
- Tap Save to add the item to your Wish List.
Note: Satellite imagery is saved to the TRX7’s internal storage. To save space, delete all unused satellite map areas from your Saved Maps once you’ve finished using them. To delete satellite Imagery:
- Tap Settings from the TRX Dashboard > tap Map Save.
- Tap Saved Maps.
- Tap the Pencil (Edit) button.
- Check the box next to the satellite imagery that you wish to remove.
- Tap the Trash Can button to delete the selected imagery.